How could it be so bad if it tastes so good?

>> Sunday, May 23, 2010

Have you ever felt really proud of yourself for choosing a healthy entree at a restaurant just to have your dreams dashed by its nutritional values? What a disappointment to find that your soup or salad contains more fat than the bacon cheeseburger you were drooling over.

Prime example I LOVE Nordstrom Tomato Basil soup. I love it so much that I threw a fit over it on cold snowy day in Michigan, because Nordstrom Cafe had the nerve to run out of my favorite soup! I admit it was a low point that my husband will never let me live down. Moving on.... To my surprise I found out this soup has a lot of heavy cream in it.

Friday I saw a butternut squash sitting on my counter and thought a bowl of soup sounded tasty. I knew in my efforts to be healthier I shouldn't go for my typical recipe which like the Nordstrom Tomato basil contains whipping cream. So I played in the kitchen and came up with a healthier option.

I made a simple green leaf salad with heirloom tomatoes and carrots from the market. The veggies were so good I felt like I didn't need dressing! I really like these little tomatoes they are bursting with flavor! It was a light yet filling lunch. My girls liked it a lot.My son on the other hand was not a fan.

I like how the coconut milk design turned out. It inspired me to learn how to do latte art! I will post the recipe tomorrow, I'm off to bed.

0 comments: