16 Candles

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010

The countdown has begun....my oldest child turns 16 in two days!!! I can not believe it. Sounds so cliche I know, but time really does fly. It seems like just yesterday it was all about "bubba's and mommy shirts" (she called her pacifier bubba and she would drag around my tshirts that I had worn and smell it and cuddle with it and she called them mommy shirts) Insert awwwwe here.



She has grown up into a beautiful young lady and it really is hard to believe she is so close to adulthood.



This isn't even a current picture, this is from her bday last year. I can not find any current pictures of her because she is always the one behind the camera and apparently not getting any time in front of it. This needs to change! I have tons of pictures of my other daughter because she always models for Cadence!

We are having a sweet 16 for her this Saturday. This means I have less than a week to get it together! Its going to be really fun. We are doing things 1950's back yard BBQ style. We will have swing dancing and we are playing Bingo. I am making a retro dessert table with homemade versions of old favorites; Oreos, Twinkies, Ding Dongs and Snow Balls. I've already made some "Oreos", they are good! I am pretty sure most of my blog entries this week will have to do with party preparation and I will put up recipes as I go.

She has all but ban people from coming in poodle skirts She wants 1950's style summer, party dresses etc. examples...





We found her dress at a really cute vintage clothing store in Phoenix and we ordered my other daughters from etsy. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow. I will wait to post pictures of them in their dresses until after the party...keep you in suspense! :)Here is the photo Cadence took of her sister and her friend Rudy for her invite.

Well I just got really tired so I am off to bed. More to come tomorrow.

0 comments: