Could it actually be happening?

>> Sunday, October 3, 2010

Could it actually be happening? Really happening?Am I turning into the budget conscious organized person I always admired but never dreamed I could become? I am definitely not there yet, but I find myself slowly growing in these areas, feeling like it is possible to be laid back and creative as well as organized and frugal. Might I actually be finding some balance in these areas? Or am I in a weird phase. One of my kicks? Maybe I was abducted by an organization alien in the night. Nope. I think God is actually answering my prayers. I have been praying HELP in this area for awhile now.

I'm craving organization in my life....




These photos make me really happy. They make me want to run out and by jars and labels baskets and bins. I am not joking whatsoever. I am really excited over the thought of organizing and cleaning my house and getting rid of a bunch of stuff!

One thing that has been really hard for me is I LOVE a good find. I often pick things up for my etsy store or a friend or myself. This has been bad for both the clutter factor as well as the budget. I don't spend a lot by any means but I think I sometimes spend unnecessarily. So I am working on that.

Which leads me to the next thing I wanted to tell you! Did you know that Fry's grocery store takes all competitors coupons??? Including the Fresh and Easy coupons you get in the mail?

Yesterday I went grocery shopping at Fry's and she let me use a $10 and $5 off coupon from Fresh & Easy!! So good! The friendly clerk also informed me that they except all competitors coupons like Target, Bashes, Walgreen's etc. Okay I think this is great news. Did you guys already know this?? If so why didn't anyone tell me? So I ended up saving $106 on my groceries! Not bad right?

Oh and to top the day off I met my friend for a shopping night cap and I actually scored a pair off $100 boots for $16.99! All because I have big feet. Size 10 and up were an extra 60% off. This was the first time I was excited about having big feet.



Are they too biker-ish? I don't know, but I like them. Oh ya, and I got a purse. It was originally over $200 and I paid $20! Woo Hoo! See? This is why my house fills up with "stuff", I was justified in these purchases because I had birthday gift cards.

Isn't it cute? I'm loving the ruffles!

Hopefully this isn't a phase, but a new way of living. I will fill you in as I work to create a place a rest in our cozy nest.

3 comments:

gogo grandma October 4, 2010 at 7:14 AM  

We are soooo much alike. i drool over organizational paraphanelia but i never buy and when i do buy a basket or a bin it never fits the stuff i need it for. I think organizing is an art of which i have NO artistic gifting! I love the boots...they look like you!

awaywegoclementine October 4, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

I know! It is an art and a gift. I'm praying for it! :)Hopefully it cools off soon so I can wear the boots!!

rhinestonecowgirl October 4, 2010 at 3:37 PM  

You are gifted in so many areas and now look you are inspiring me to me thifty! Love you!