Dear Ken....

>> Saturday, October 9, 2010

You're 37...that sounds so weird to say! It definitely doesn't seem like that long ago that we were celebrating your 21st birthday at your parents house. I think I gave you a bootleg Henry Rollins VHS from East Side Records and some necklace that I may or may not have made for you. (We were so punk rock haha) Yup, that seems so far, yet so close. This picture was taken around your 21st birthday I think you are wearing the necklace....

I know it is your Birthday, not our anniversary, but I cant help thinking about our time together that has passed and what the future holds. For some reason you turning 37 sounds a lot stranger than me turning 34. Maybe because its so close to 40? When I think of my teenage friend Ken turning 37, it just sounds weird. I'm not trying to make you feel old I promise!

And now....
Here we are, married with three beautiful kids!Busier than ever, still working things out, still figuring out what makes each other tick, still really different yet becoming strangly alike. Older yes, but still "just us".. I actually think you have gotten better with age. Seriously!

I'm proud you're my hubby and I love you very much!

OK now Drum roll............10 things I love about you.

( In no particular order)

10. I love that you have your own hobbies and let me have mine.

9. I love that you are devoted and committed, to whatever you decide to do.Like riding 65 miles on a bike with your friend to support him in his goal.

8. I love that even though you are rough around the edges at times your a super softy. Like when you cry in movies, love that.

7. I love that you never make me feel self conscious about how I look, You always make me feel pretty even when I'm lookin homeless.

6.I love that family is very important to you, and you are a good dad.

5. I love that you give me freedom to fail, but don't point out my failures.

4. I love that you have a man crush on Vince Vaughn, haha, don't know why just think its cute.

3. I love that you are quick to forgive and put the past behind us.

2. I love your triceps, your legs and your hands. They are really nice. :)

1. I love that you always love me even when I'm not lovable.

There are many more things that I love about you but those were the things that my fingers keyed in first....so there you go!

Celebrating you today, all you are and all you will be. I love you, you are the best!

Happy Birthday Ken!



3 comments:

gogo grandma October 10, 2010 at 8:06 AM  

ahhh that one made me cry...That is something we need to do more often....write down why we love each other. Happy Birthday Ken.. I think we've only met a couple of times...btw Vince Vaughn toasted my son at his bachelor party in Portland Oregon. He happened to be at the same resturant:)

Bridgett October 10, 2010 at 9:54 AM  

Luv ya Cuz!

rhinestonecowgirl October 19, 2010 at 7:15 PM  

omgosh - you are so sweet! Ken Happy Birthday!