Food, Shopping, and More Food!

>> Friday, October 15, 2010

Day two in Flag was much better than day one! Thank goodness!

We started our day off with a cup of joe at Macy's.This is a hopping morning spot, for sure. A line formed almost out the door. Here is Emma enjoying her smoothie.

I thought the coffee was just okay, I was told through the grapevine that they serve better coffee than my coveted Lux...WRONG!
I ordered everyone, besides Emma, a Mocha Latte Royal. It was pretty smooth, but almost weak and lacking flavor. This green chili mushroom quiche however was amazing.
I think I will give it another try next time I am there, but I'll order something different. We spent the day downtown, looking at cute shops and enjoying the great weather.


I really liked Basement Marketplace a lot. They had some really cute clothes and jewelry.I didn't buy anything though. Just window shopping.
After we walked around for a few hours we ventured over to Diablo Burger. This is the place Ken picked to go for his Birthday. We couldn't go the night before because they are closed on Sunday.

Everything about this place reminded me of our friend Adam. From the music, to the decor and of course the food. We want to take a drive up with some friends to go back to this place. Yes, it was that good!
They serve their burgers on an english muffin which I thought would be weird, but it wasn't, it was delish!Their fries are to die for to. They are lightly seasoned with sea salt and rosemary. Yum! Oh and another plus, they have excellent water that they bring to your table in a glass bottle! Oh and the beef is grass fed! They recommend that you order your burger medium rare. I went with medium and I was really happy with it. As you can see. I am all about supporting local establishments and I love that they use all local ingredients! Take a drive, check these places out for yourself, and let me know what you think!

0 comments: