So you say its your birthday?

>> Monday, September 13, 2010

So you say its your birthday? Well happy birthday to you!" Who sings that anyway??

Today was my sweet little, yet not so little, boys birthday. He turned 11 today! I can hardly believe it Look at that face!
I love his little mole to the right of his nose, the way his eyes light up when he smiles, the loud belly laugh that you can hear from across the house when he's highly amused. I love the way he is tender, yet rough and tumble. I love that he has a sweet spirit that cares deeply for people and loves much.This kid has a sense of humor that will make ya snort. His impeccable sense of style comes naturally and is not to impress, yet it always does.

Happy Birthday Buddy, you Were the best birthday present ever!

Jake was born the day before my birthday, which means...you guessed it! Mine is tomorrow. Or today depending where you live! I love having our birthdays a day apart. We usually end up kind of celebrating together. Its fun!

Today for Jakes birthday,I woke him up singing Happy Birthday with a maple long john and a cup of coffee in hand. That's right this kid loves coffee! I wouldn't usually wake him up with sugar and a cup of jo, but today was special. I on the other hand can not live with out that morning cup of dark steamy aromatic goodness! Must have coffee, trust me it ain't pretty when I go without. Love that feeling of stumbling across the floor half asleep and pushing the button on my Keurig, and 30 seconds later gripping my warm cup of heaven...Oh wait this was about Birthday stuff. I got a little distracted by coffee talk!

So after school we went on a mission to cash in on some birthday freebies around town. It was fun, I haven't really done that before. Sure I've had the average free dessert with an embarrassing song sung buy non enthusiastic waiters. But today!!! I actually did a little research! We were able to score about $40 or more in free goodies!

Hate to leave you in suspense but my pillow is calling, and I cant have bags under my eyes tomorrow for my birthday, right? So I will post again tomorrow and fill you in on our birthday finds so you too can cash in on all the freebies around town for your birthday!

Adios for now....


0 comments: