cake, cake and more cake!

>> Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I am a foodie.... its true. I love and appreciate amazing food. Not just the taste, but the beauty of it. You know what they say, we eat with our eyes first. I can pour over food blogs for hours and hours drooling over beautiful pictures of fresh ingredients perfectly paired that tempt my tastebuds and send me racing for my Kitchen Aide.


credit www.sprinlebakes.com

I dream of owning my own cafe/coffee shop filled with aromas of freshly roasted coffee and buttery croissants. This dream lead me to tour Le Cordon Bleu's patisserie and baking program a couple months ago. I was really excited and signed up for their 9 month certificate program. After discussing it with the hubby and a few friends I decided now is probably not the right time to take on this kind of commitment. Everything in me wanted to just go for it, but there was that voice of reason saying,"Your gonna be stressed if you do this." Between homeschooling and volunteering with the youth group not to mention all the other daily duties of being a mom and wife I know my plate is just too full right now. I am actually okay with it. I know I am still young and have plenty of time to go to school later if it is still in my heart to do so down the road.

For now....drum roll please... do not laugh and mock me as some of my friends did, I wont mention names. I am taking some cake decorating classes at Joann Fabrics. It is a Wilton's cake decorating class. Ya I know I know...its a far cry from Le Cordon Bleu. However I'm not gonna lie, Ive learned a few tips and tricks that will definitely come in handy. I do have to say though the frosting recipes are enough to make me gag and everyone in the class is into box cake mixes. What's that? Oh well I think its been a good experience. My final class is tomorrow night and I'm contemplating whether or not I want to take the next course or just continue learning on my own. Here is a picture of my cake from last week.



Credit:Cadence Meeks Photography

Not too shabby I supose.Well Im off for now, I actually need to bake a cake for tomorrows class and start preparing my icing because tomorrow I am off to hang with the lovely Joanna at Pane Bianco to celebrate her 20th belated birthday then we are going to hit up some thrift and antique stores! Looking forward to it! So until next time. Ciao~

0 comments: